Cataract surgery in India is being performed by expert eye surgery experts at eye care centers of Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Nagpur and Chennai. Due to exalted quality of eye surgery available at Indian hospitals at an affordable price many abroad patients travel here to undertake outpatient cataract surgery. Medical tourism in India is facilitating international patients coming from the USA, Canada and UK in locating the best cataract treatment hospitals. One big point in this deal is that even after adding all expenses of travel and boarding the total cost of cataract treatment in India amounts less than that which is being paid in destinations like the United States.
In the procedure of cataract surgery those lens inside the eye are eliminated that have become cloudy due to an external accident or some other reason. In many cases the eye specialist or surgeon makes a replacement of the cloudy eye lens with an artificial lens that is known as intraocular lens. This artificial eye lens can remove the requirement of thick glasses and restore a healthy eye vision. Cataract eye treatment is the most commonly performed medical procedures around the world. According to an American survey company more than 3 million eye patients in the US undertake cataract treatment every year. Moreover 45 percent US citizens above the age of 65 suffer from cataract in their eyes.
Cataract disorder is of three kinds:
1) A nuclear cataract occurs in the central part of the lens. The nucleus starts to appear visible immediately after its formation. It has been known that the cause nuclear cataract is due to changes of the protein structure with the gradual aging of human body.
2) A cortical cataract commences on the external part of the lens and advances slowly towards the center of the lens. This kind of cataract is commonly seen in patients who suffer from diabetes.
3) A sub capsular cataract commences at the back part of the lens. People who have a great risk of having this type of cataract are generally those who are suffering from diabetes, retinitis pigmentosa, and farsightedness as well as those persons who take high dose of steroids.
A candidate eligible for cataract surgery suffers from:
1) Poor night vision
2) Blurred vision
3) Appearance of colors in washed out form
4) High sensitivity towards light
5) Continuous changes in glass prescriptions
6) Double vision
To what extend is cataract surgery successful?
With today’s progressive surgical methods and modern surgical equipments the success rate of cataract surgery has been rated upto 95%. The complication of becoming blind through the surgery of cataract is very less. Those patients who do not get benefit from this surgery have underlying eye disorders like diabetic retinopathy and age concerning macular degeneration.
About Company : (indianhealthguru.com)
Indian Healthguru consultants is a well known medical tourism company arranging medical tour for overseas patients in India. The company works with an aim of giving quality of treatment to patients at very reasonable prices. Treatment plans for small and complex disorders are available in India with equal standards which lessen the burden of expenses compared in western countries.
Article Views: 119 share what you think