9jabook & Tweeterest Digital Network !

from 9jabook

Web

Video

News

Twitter

First Bank brings back ATM charges ! Resist the First Back to bring ATM charges

First Bank customers using the Automated Teller Machines (ATM) for cash withdrawals are to pay N100 monthly, with effect from this month, according to a notice.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports in Abuja on Monday that the notice for the new charge captioned, “Card Maintenance Fee,” was displayed on some ATM machines in the city.
The notice reads: ``Dear valued customer, in order to serve you better, from March 2013, a monthly N100 card maintenance fee will be charged for all cash withdrawals within the month.’’
Some customers who spoke with NAN, however, condemned the introduction and called for sanctions from the regulatory body.
Mr Joshua Abraham, a trader, said it was unfortunate that First Bank should introduce such a charge.
``I did not even notice, but if that is the case, they want to discourage us.
Mrs Uju Nwanze, a legal practitioner, said the CBN should stop the charge.
“ This is another way to get back the N100 charges they just stopped recently on use of ATM cards.”
Also, Ejiro Fidel, a civil servant, said First Bank should not copy the new generation banks to rip off customers.
The Bankers’ Committee meeting of November 2012 scrapped the N100 interbank charge on use of ATM cards.
First Bank had on February 11, increased its charges on interbank money transfer, against moves by the Central Bank of Nigeria for a downward review of bank charges on customers. (NAN)

Article Views: 468 share what you think

Comment

Replies to This Book Discussion

I had the misfortune of using a First Bank ATM along Alkali road in Kaduna in the month of FEBRUARY 2013 where I was charged!!! Whether the charge is under the guise of Maintenance payment or what not, my qusetions are: Was an announcement made to the general public by First Bank in this regard? How far has CBN as a regulatory body gone in ensuring that ALL banks comply to the directive made by it? It is sad that such extortions are continually made on the citizenry while we, the people, sit back and take it as a given. Like it or not, we the people create the enabling environment where such extortions thrive.  

First bank charges nowadays is begining to piss me off , i can't understand why at

the end of every month what first bank charges me is quiet embarassing, i think it's

high time CBN looks into it and take drastic action against any bank that is estorting

their customers overtly or covertly

RSS

© 2022   Created by 9jabook.com.   Powered by

Badges  |   |  Terms of Service

google.com, pub-3238264936112188, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 --> tweet Search Related Posts Plugin ... google.com, pub-3238264936112188, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0