9jabook & Tweeterest Digital Network !

from 9jabook

Web

Video

News

Twitter

The culture of jungle justices reared its head in Warri metropolis yesterday as two suspected armed robbers were set ablaze by an irate mob after an alleged failed attempt to rob a man.

The incident took place at about 10am along the ever-busy airport road, causing a heavy traffic jam while hundreds of people trooped to the scene to catch a glimpse of the unfortunate suspected robbers.

Eye witnesses said the two men had trailed a customer to one of the banks in Warri metropolis and pounced on him immediately he came out of the bank in an attempt to dispossess him of the cash he just withdrew.

The scuffle apparently drew the attention of a bystander who immediately alerted others, resulting in a gathering of neighbours who apprehended the suspected robbers and subsequently beat them into coma before setting them ablaze.

Men of the Nigerian police force arrived the scene of the incident to confront the raging fire burning the suspected criminals by the side of the road.

“The robbers had attempted to snatch one of these bank customer’s money,” one of the witnesses said. “The man said he withdrew a huge sum of money and while he was coming out of the bank to board his car parked along the road, these boys confronted him, trying to dispossess him of the money and he raised an alarm which attracted people in the vicinity”.

The witness said though he was not in support of jungle justice, the rate of criminality in the state now called for any measure that could bring it under control.

“Security has failed in Delta State in particular and Nigeria in general. People no longer sleep with their eyes closed,” he said.

Police Public Relations Officer, Charles Morka, who confirmed the incident on the telephone, explained that the command was not happy about the latest resort to jungle justice in the city.

He urged the residents to allow the law to take its course anytime a suspect is arrested for any crime, adding that “no suspect is found guilty until proven by the court of competence jurisdiction.”

A similar incident happened in Warri last week, as an irate mob set another suspected criminal ablaze after he allegedly snatched a hand bag containing N150 naira from a lady. Witnesses said the suspect was caught while trying to escape around the Igbudu Primary School, near Enerhen Junction in the Warri metropolis. Sources said the suspect was notorious for snatching hand bags and gold earrings and had been terrorizing residents of the 3rd Marine Quarters for some time.

Article Views: 233 share what you think

Comment

Replies to This Book Discussion

well well well do i appreciate or approve of jungle justice? absolutely not. but if u have lived in warri as long as i have u will know that warri criminals are of a different breed. i have been robbed in my own home , kidnapped on my own street robbed on the highway ok na wetin remain for them to do? american justice strongly advocates that it is better for a guilty man to be free than for an innocent man to loose his freedom. in nigeria there is supposed to be a presumption of innocence. for where nja? presumption of innocence? anyhow back to warri i do not like jungle justice its wrong even in the bible where stoning to death was prescription for stealing you needed to be given a hearing so warri abeg make una vex small small uman being no be goat or suya

brilliant !
naturally the people who killed those people should be tried regardless..htf can they sleep at night ?
Jungle justices should be discouraged to the barest minimum or eliminated altogether. Nobody and absolutely nobody has the right to take anothers live without the intervention of the law to absolve or convict the party concerned.Those doing it are violating the law and if they were caught the consequence would beyond their imagination. People should desist from it. Our law enforcement agent should be allowed to do their job while we stop trampling the law.
mob justice can happen to anyone !
Good 1

RSS

© 2022   Created by 9jabook.com.   Powered by

Badges  |   |  Terms of Service

google.com, pub-3238264936112188, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 --> tweet Search Related Posts Plugin ... google.com, pub-3238264936112188, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0