1. This is how it starts: Almost everyone arrives at the party late
2. You were given one invitation card, but you invite 20 other friends.
3.You call the attention of the people serving food by saying "Please we haven't eaten in this area o!"
4.Look around very well. There is always a PDP section. They get served everything...and in excess.
5. Even when it was obvious that no alcohol was served, you still ask "Don't you have any alcohol?
6. At a kids party scheduled to start at 5pm and finishing at 12am, you arrive with kids (some of them already sleeping) at 11pm.
7. You go back to ask for more food and drinks.
8. The food is served on a 'man know man' they tell you "the moi-moi don finish" despite the fact that a man next to you has 4 on his plate.
9. Most of the guys are frowning and cussing because fufu, semo, gira or eba wasn't served.
10. You hear, "Wetin dem dey wait for sef? I beg make dem bring the food make I comot jo!"
11. Towards the end of the party you see people going into the kitchen helping themselves to "take away" food and drinks.
12. More than two bouncers are at the door that leads to where the foods/drinks are kept.
13. You dance to "Obesere" or "Fela" music as if your life depended on it.
14. You ask the DJ to play a specially recorded cassette tape you brought with you.
15. You hear people talking, as if they are in a fight, about sports and politics.
16. Once every 20 minutes, someone goes out to see how the generaing set is holding up.
17. The men are sitting in groups, instead of sitting with their women.
18. On the dance floor, you have women dancing alone or with women and men dancing alone or with men.
19. Most of the guys are hanging around outside, attending to "business" with cellular phones.
20. The hall empties immediately after food has been served.
21. Take aways are packed in plastic bags not food containers because they are not big enough
22. Special group of guest brings their own food and drinks and place them under the table.
23. Naija parties are the only social activities i know that foreign exchange takes place..